This post is not to talk about the cleanliness or about the produce.
I am very disappointed with this store.
So I was in Vons today and noticed they left one of the floor drains uncovered, I was infuriated when I saw this. The reason I was so upset is that this is same floor drain that was uncovered last year. While shopping at vons MY foot went inside THIS floor drain. My foot went inside the drain injuring my ankle /foot I tripped but luckily my husband was in the right place at the right time and caught me from falling forward and hitting myself on one of the displays they have out.
Now I'm not a person that likes to complains and make a big, So I simply walked over to the employee by where I was injured and told her what had just happened to me and she said" oh yeah my foot went in there earlier" and she giggled. I told her well you probably should go cover it before someone gets hurt again. (Just want to mention this girl was young and looked like it was her 1st job and I felt bad so I did not tell the manager about my encounter with her.) So on our way home I called vons and asked to speak with the manager.The manager was really nice and concerned he asked me where it happened. I then told him what part of the store I had been injured in, he walked over to the spot while on the phone with me and saw the uncovered floor drain he immediately began apologizing and said he had no idea why that floor drain was left uncovered. He asked me to come back to the store and fill out a report, just in case this was something more than just a sprain and I needed medical attention So after I went home to Let my dogs out to the bathroom I went back to Vons and spoke with the manager in person. I let him know my foot was hurting and showed him where it was hurting he told me that Some one from vons would be calling me on Monday since the injury happened on a weekend. So Wednesday morning I get a call from a woman. She introduces herself and begins to ask me questions about what happened. I walk her through it , then she apologizes me and tells me that she would contact me later and and maybe they can give me a gift card or something. I was like ookay... then she says ok well call me back in a couple days and let me know how your feeling. I call her back on Thursday and tell her my foot pain has gotten worse that it is hurting really bad and it is very swollen and I'm actually going to go see a doctor. She then starts to tell me" well just so you know we are not liable for this accident". I was speechless.. I didn't want to argue with her.After talking to the manager and him telling me let's fill out a report just in case your foot gets worse and you need medical attention for it. I was just shocked that she would say it. She was really rude and I honestly don't understand why she reacted that way.Anyways sorry for the long story. I'm just really upset me to see that this same floor drain was left uncovered.
It has been about a year and I am still struggling with my foot and my ankle now I have this pain through my whole leg all the way up to my hip area. I have not been able to work like I need to work to make the money I need.Some days I have to call of my work because the pain gets so bad that I just lay there and cry. Things like spills happen and sometimes stores don't spot them fast enough.. but this accident was caused by someone who was careless.
We live really far from any other grocery stores so this is pretty much where I go almost daily to buy my groceries and the worst part about this whole incident is sometimes when I go into vons I get attitude from some of the employees who are aware that I hurt myself in there.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "i bought the mama cozzi mega stuffed pizza rolls the other day. I made 4 of them when, i bit into the last one it was filled with a white..."
- "I purchased a Edwards lemon meringue pie from my local publix grocery store. On March 1 2015, it has a long string inside of it. Absolutely disgusting an horrible horrible..."
- "My husband had made me a plate of stir fry which included save a lot brand instant rice. As I was almost done eating I noticed a worm on my..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "I posted a blog post on ISIS-Comesuticals' blog asking about one of their 4 fl oz products that have suddenly been pulled off the market, and I was surprised to..."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."