Douglas, Alaska

WELL I FOUND OUT TODAY IF WE DON'T ASK IT'S OUR JOB ON THE LINE I THOUGHT THAT I WAS A CHECKER I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS MY JOB TO BEG FOR MONEY.I NEED A LAWYER.PLEASE HELP ME FIGHT BACK. NOW THERE MAKING US ASK BUT THAT IS NOT IN MY UNION CONTRACT.HOW IS IT MY JOB TO HELP THEM GET A TAX BREAK.DOING GOOD YEAH RIGHT.I DON'T WANT TO BE ONE OF THEM SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO NOBODY ELSE WANTS TO STAND OUT TO THEM. HELP..

Comments

Vons harasses the elderly by asking repeatedly. I don't just say "no" meekly like many do.

I say ABSOLUTELY NOT, and let them know I do not appreciate it.

I pay for my groceries with my money, no reason I have to "donate" to the charity of the supermarket again.

I wonder how much of a cut Vons gets for harassing its customers into giving to charity of its choice. It may well get a huge portion for collecting your donation!

I work for VONS too. I have to collect for cancer research all the time.

As a cancer survivor I have Dr. appointments that are made well in advance.

I request the time off, not the entire day off, and rarely 25% of the time I actually get the appointment off. Money is the bottom line for them, not their employees.

Work for Vons too and it IS your job to do what is asked of you! No, it is not specifically in your union contract, but neither is picking up dog *** at the front door.

That was one courtesy clerks' issues when asked to clean up a dog mess. Went through the union and all.

No longer working there so figure it out. I agree that they push the donation thing to the point on painful, but we are collecting the paycheck every week...learn to smile and nod because fighting them will get you nothing but a place in the unemployment line one way or the other.

I'm actually with the complainer on this one. I hate it when lowly clerks try to sell me on some donations.

You know they "donation" goes something like 75% to the company taking it for "overhead" and "costs" and they give the measly 25% to the actual charity. No thanks. If I'm going to donate to a charity, it's going to be directly to a charity of my own choice. Same thing for the petsmart stores.

NO, I DON'T want to donate $5 to the "save a ...insert name here..." foundation. What exactly do you think I'm doing? I'm there buying to support a dog, MY DOG.

If I could afford to help other dogs, I would get another one. Not donate $5 to petsmart can have $4 and give $1 to some charity, which will then spend .25 cents on an animal somewhere and keep the .75 cents for their own "overhead" and "costs".

patchespups

Your job is to do ANYTHING your bosses tell you to do as long as it is not against the law or a violation of privacy rights. Asking customers if they want to contribute to a charity is such a simple innocent task maybe you should be fired for being such a horses ***.