2.1
Layout of Store

I have been shopping at the La Mesa, Ca Vons for many years and have always been satisfied with the facility, products, produce, and customer care. In 2012 I moved away from the area, returned in 2016 and began shopping at the Vons just as before.

There has been a dramatic change in the shopping experience at this location since I have returned to shopping here. They are constantly out of products I am accustomed to purchasing and it is so difficult to find assistance to see if the product I need is available in the stock area. The produce department used to be so beautiful, clean, organized and well stocked. I chose to shop at Vons instead of Sprouts Market for this reason.

Currently, the produce Department at the La Mesa location is disgusting. I find that they are out of stock with several of the produce items I regularly purchase. Many of the produce items that are available are old and sometimes rotting. Recently I complained to the store manager about the string bean display.

I explained to her how they newly stocked produce was being placed on top of the old stock in a bin that is under a shelf and difficult to access. This produce had been like this for many weeks and the string beans on the bottom of the bin were rotting and disgusting. My following visit it appeared they had cleared the old stock from the bin, however, the bin is still difficult to access and the stock is not being rotated to have a fresh selection. Today, 4/9/2017, I was unable to find many of the products on my list.

O Organics unsalted butter, pre-packaged black forest ham, organic bananas, bottle stone variety pack, and Simply Orange medium pulp. This was half my list and I am only one shopper on one day. This is unacceptable to me and should be an unacceptable practice from a business standpoint. If this standard continues, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

I have had this type of experience shopping at this location since my return in 2016.

If I were managing this store, these problems would not exist. I would like a response to this email to confirm that it has been received and reviewed.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Location.